This vibrant summer salad features nearly ever color of the rainbow. Have fun finding the colors while your child eats!
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup uncooked Israeli couscous
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can chickpeas
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- Combine the zucchini, corn, and canola oil in a baking dish; bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing: combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To cook the couscous, bring 1 and 1/4 cups water to a boil. Add the couscous, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. In the last minute or two, add the spinach to wilt it slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini mixture, dressing, couscous mixture, chickpeas, and grape tomatoes, tossing to combine Serve at room temperature.