This is an easy first curry for toddlers because the spice is very mild. Your little one will never know pumpkin is hidden in the sauce!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 ounces Gardein chick’n strips
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 lime (optional)
- Cooked basmati rice
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chick’n and cook until heated, about 6 minutes. Remove the chick’n from the skillet, chop into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the ginger, turmeric, coconut milk, and pumpkin. Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped chick’n and spinach to the pan, and cook for a final minute, until the spinach wilts. Add a spritz of fresh-squeezed lime juice if desired.
- Serve over hot cooked basmati rice. For a toddler, I recommend about 1/4 cup rice per 1/2 cup serving of curry.