Little ones can enjoy this granola in a number of ways – stirred into non-dairy yogurt for breakfast, sprinkled over fruit for dessert – or just eaten out of the bowl as a crunchy snack!
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup diced dried apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine the oats, pecans, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the canola oil and maple syrup, and pour over the oat mixture, stirring to coat.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and place the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool. Stir in the apple and raisins before storing in an airtight container.