These after-school snacks are bursting with energy and with natural sweetness from the coconut and dates. They’re the perfect boost to get through a busy afternoon!
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup almonds, divided
- Combine the apricots and dates in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the coconut, flax, water, and salt; pulse to blend.
- Add 1/3 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup almonds to the mixture, and process until it forms a ball – the mixture will be quite sticky.
- Finely chop the remaining 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup almonds, and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Using wet hands, divide the apricot mixture into tablespoon-size balls, rolling between your hands, and then rolling in the chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving.