These are easy little patties that can work as a snack, or turn into a meal when served on a bun like a burger. I still sometimes need to trick my son into eating beans… but tasty patties like these make it easy!
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash until mostly smooth. Add the rice, chives, cumin, garlic powder, and breadcrumbs, stirring until combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 or 9 small patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties, working in batches, and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.