Nachos for dinner? What kid wouldn’t say, “Yes please!” To give these a little extra protein boost, I serve over bean tortilla chips, but regular corn tortilla chips work just as well.
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can pinto beans
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 18 tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded Daiya cheddar
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- In a bowl, mash together the pinto beans, garlic powder, and chili powder, set aside.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in two piles on a baking sheet lined with foil. Top each pile with about 1/2 cup bean mixture and sprinkle each pile with 2 tablespoons cheddar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 4 minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with halved cherry tomatoes and shredded lettuce to taste before serving.