When you’re craving muffins but don’t want a whole batch sitting around in the fridge or freezer, these individual mug-sized muffins are the answer to your prayers.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons plain unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons shredded apple
- The night before, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda in a microwave-safe mug; Cover and set aside.
- In the morning, add the milk, butter (melted), and vanilla, stirring to combine. Fold in the apple.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, then let cool slightly before serving.
My son likes his muffin plain…
…but I like adding a little extra chopped apple and a spoonful of vanilla non-dairy yogurt to serve. Or try a little dollop of soy whipped cream!