Yes, you can make weekday mornings feel less frazzled and more special. Prepare this dish the night before, pop it in the oven, and a weekend-worthy breakfast is ready on a weekday morning!
- 1 teaspoon Earth Balance butter
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- 4 ounces Daiya cream cheese, divided
- 4 Ener-G eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain non-dairy milk
- 2/3 cup plain non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter a 3-quart baking dish and set aside.
- Cut the bread loaf into 1-inch pieces and arrange half of the bread in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 2/3 cup blueberries and 2 ounces cream cheese (cut into small pieces). Repeat the layers with the remaining bread, blueberries, and cream cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Ener-G eggs, milk, creamer, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, and up to overnight.
- Bake the French toast a 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar if desired, or top with a drizzle of maple syrup!