These cookies are absolutely loaded with yummy ingredients, a few of which you can feel good about (rolled oats, shredded coconut), making it a treat you won’t mind giving your kids. You could also add 1 cup walnuts or raisins to the mix, if desired.
- 1 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add the Ener-G eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Roll the dough into balls of about 1 tablespoon, and bake in batches at 350 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes, depending on desired crispness. Let cool on the pans for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.