Veronika’s taste buds are expanding rapidly and now I can cook her dishes with a little spice! A homemade barbecue sauce makes this one nice and mild.
- 1 (1-pound) package extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced cremini mushrooms
- 1 small diced red bell pepper
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Cut the tofu into cubes; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the tofu and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion; cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the soy sauce, ketchup, and agave in a small bowl. Add to the skillet and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa, or alongside it if your children prefer. This is also nice over a quinoa-brown rice mix!