This nut-free banana bread is sweetened with agave and applesauce and has no added oil. Perfect for babies and toddlers, in other words, but big kids love it, too!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup melted Earth Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour the applesauce into a large bowl and stir in the remaining baking powder. Whisk in the butter, apple juice, agave, and vanilla.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and add to the applesauce mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour; a wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean.
One thought on “Banana Bread”
Love Banana bread. Thankyou for the recipe.