This toddler-friendly recipe has enough flavor and heft to please the whole family. I like to use the California burgers from Amy’s Kitchen, but swap in your favorite brand to customize the taste!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cups cooked and crumbled veggie burgers
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and transfer to a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil; continue to cook for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, zucchini, and carrot; cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the veggie burger crumbles. Spoon the mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and return to the pan. Add the yogurt and salt; mash with a potato masher until smooth and spread over the top of the burger mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through.