I wish I could claim there was some secret, healthy ingredient in this homemade mac ‘n’ cheese. But nope. This is pure comfort food, and sometimes that’s exactly what the family needs.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 2 cups shredded Daiya cheddar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Add the soy milk and cook for about 2 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in the cheese and continue to cook over low heat until the cheese becomes melty. Stir in the pasta, salt, black pepper, and yellow mustard.