Oven-baked risottos are my favorite way to prepare rice these days. Throw all the ingredients in a pot, cook for about one hour, and forget about it until dinner is served. No stirring required!
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup trimmed green beans
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
Let cool slightly before serving.