We loved this recipe from Little Passports’ blog that helped Travis learn more about Thai cuisine and culture as he explored the country in this month’s kit! It was the perfect tropical treat to warm up our kitchen during a winter snowstorm.
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups room temperature water, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- Combine the rice and 1 cup water in a saucepan; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, half of the coconut milk (about 3/4 cup), 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and the salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let stand, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the remaining coconut milk in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar; set aside.
- Divide the rice mixture evenly among 4 bowls. Drizzle each with a little of the brown sugar sauce, and top evenly with the chopped mango.