Capture the summer taste and texture of crab cakes for kids – minus the crab – by sneaking in hearts of palm instead!
- 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers, divided
- 1 Ener-G egg
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 (14-ounce) drained and chopped can hearts of palm
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup saltines, the Ener-G egg, mayo, red onion, and hearts of palm. Place the remaining saltines in a shallow bowl.
- Shape the mixture into 3 patties, and coat evenly in the crushed saltines.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and let cool slightly before serving.