I’ve been looking for a way to make pancakes healthier than flour and sugar, and boy does this recipe, adapted from Vegan Lunch Box, deliver!
- 1 and 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine the flour, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
- in blender, combine the flaxseed, almond milk, applesauce, and maple syrup; blend for about 1 minute, until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes while you preheat an oiled griddle or skillet.
- Add the baking powder, and pour the batter into the skillet. Cook until the edges are browned and bubbles cover the tops, then flip over and cook an additional minute or two.
This batter definitely works best with small pancakes – perfect for kids’ appetites anyway!
Serve with a little Earth Balance butter and a drizzle of maple syrup