A sneaky mix of chia and hemp seeds makes for a rich batter to coat this vegan French toast. Your kids will gobble it up!
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced bread of choice
- Cooking spray
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except the bread, and process until smooth and thick.
- Dip each bread slice in the batter, turn over and let sit for a moment, then transfer to a hot skillet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with additional bread slices as desired (the batter makes enough for about 6 slices).
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side over medium heat – make sure to wait long enough that the batter isn’t sticking to the pan.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.