It’s a bit of a stretch to call these pancakes; although they cook up the same way on a griddle, they are a bit too delicate to come off cleanly with a spatula, meaning you wind up with a fluffy yummy mound on your plate. Still, my son describes them as “much good” and they’re a great protein boost early in the morning!
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Earth Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons mini non-dairy chocolate chips
- In a blender, combine the bananas and tofu; process until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the baking powder.
- Melt the butter in a griddle over medium heat. Add half of the batter, to make 4 small pancakes. Sprinkle the tops evenly with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until heated through, then very carefully transfer to plates.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and remaining chocolate chips.
- Drizzle with maple syrup to taste for serving!