Make a big batch of this burrito filling on the weekend, roll up the filled burritos in foil, place them in the freezer, and bam! Breakfast all week is solved. Or in a pinch, we love these for dinner!
For my picky preschooler, I leave the scrambled tofu rather plain – just a dash of turmeric for color. Feel free to add additional spices or chopped veggies for older kids and grown-ups. We like to use the slightly-sweet breakfast sausage from Field Roast for these burritos.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 6 ounces chopped vegan breakfast sausage
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the hash browns and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped sausage and cook for an additional 3 to 4minutes, until browned.
- Mash the tofu with a fork until it resembles scrambled eggs. Add to the pan, along with the turmeric and salt. Cook for a final few minutes until heated through.
- Warm the tortillas for about 15 seconds each in the microwave. Divide the filling evenly among tortillas – depending how stuffed you want your burritos, you’ll have enough to fill 6 to 8 tortillas.
- Roll up in foil. Store in the fridge up to 3 days, or place in the freezer until ready to eat!