Zoodles (zucchini noodles) can make ho-hum summer squash seem so much more fun. The addition of beans and almonds makes this version hearty enough to be a full meal – no cooking required! If you have a spiralizer, make your own zoodles from 1 large zucchini.
For the pesto:
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the zoodles:
- 1 (12-ounce) package zoodles
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can cannellini beans
- 1 cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 2 ounces crumbled creamy vegan cheese
- To prepare the pesto, combine the basil, cashews, and olive oil in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine the pesto in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients except the cheese, tossing to coat.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates. If desired, top each serving with cheese crumbles (we like the creamy cheeses from Treeline for this one).