If you do the prep work for this strata the night before, all you need is 1 hour to bake it in the morning. Perfect for weekends, in sum – or heck, any weekday before school if you have early birds like I do!
- Cooking spray
- 4 Lightlife bacon pieces, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups cubed whole-grain bread
- 4 Ener-G eggs
- 1 cup oat milk
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the Lightlife bacon; cook for about 4 minutes, until crisp and browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Recoat the skillet with cooking spray and add the sweet potato and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the apple, maple syrup, rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook for a final 2 minutes, then remove from heat and return the bacon to the pan.
- Arrange 1 and 1/2 cups bread cubes in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with the sweet potato mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Ener-G eggs, oat milk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour over the sweet potato mixture. Top with a final 1/2 cup bread cubes.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, and up to overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes, uncovered. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
And although we do like this for breakfast, it’s also great as a side at dinner! Try serving with Gardein chick’n and peas.