This hearty meal has nearly all the food groups in one for your baby or toddler! The flavors are mild, but big kids will enjoy it too.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into half moons
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the couscous, water, and 2 tablespoons canola oil; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Fluff with a fork and sprinkle with the flaxseed.
- Meanwhile, combine the zucchini and carrot in a microwave-safe bowl; steam for 3 minutes, until the carrot is very tender.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the zucchini, carrot, and cannellini beans.
- Add the carrot mixture to the couscous and stir to combine.