Having sneaked carrots into cookies, I wanted to show Travis a few more recipes featuring veggies-for-dessert. First up was this sweet potato pie that was – literally! – as easy as pie since it relied on a store-bought crust.
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potato puree
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- Whisk the first eight ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into the pie shell of your choice, whether homemade or store-bought.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 65 minutes. Cover the top with foil near the end, if needed, if the filling gets too dark.
- Cool completely before serving.