Black beans in brownies? Yes! Sneaking a can of pureed beans into brownie batter means they’re packed with protein and added nutrition, but kids will never notice among all the chocolate-y goodness!
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can black beans
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender and process until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Transfer the batter into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.