Top homemade polenta with warm roasted vegetables for the perfect autumn meal.
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces asparagus
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar
- To prepare the vegetables, combine the asparagus and mushrooms in a baking dish and toss with the olive oil and salt. Roast at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the polenta; continue to cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the cheddar, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Serve the roasted vegetables directly over the polenta for a hearty “stew”.