A few simple tweaks give this recipe a leg-up over the regular mashed potato competition.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 cups frozen butternut squash
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 cup plain non-dairy milk
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and russets. Place in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil. Add the butternut squash, then continue to cook for 20 minutes, until very tender.
- Drain and return the vegetables to the pan. Add the butter and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in the milk and heat through before serving.