This filling salad is a great addition to a vegan holiday table, and was my contribution to this year’s celebration. We love it paired with Gardein’s stuffed holiday roast!
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups sliced rainbow carrots
- 8 ounces chopped cremini mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the farro, broth, cumin, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cauliflower, carrots, and mushrooms in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Roast at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and the mustard. Add the farro mixture and roasted veggies. Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving if desired.
The salad is good warm or at room temperature, making it ideal for a busy holiday feast!