Sneak some shredded zucchini into these yummy corn muffins and your kids will get a dose of veggies right at breakfast!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 3 tablespoons melted Earth Balance butter
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Stir together the applesauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking powder in a large bowl. Add the apple juice concentrate, the milk, and the butter.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then gently stir in the zucchini.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.