This hearty recipe makes enough for the whole family, one of those rare gems that pleases kids and adults equally.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces meatless crumbles (such as Gardein)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Non-dairy Parmesan cheese sprinkles
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the meatless crumbles in a skillet for about 5 minutes, until browned. Transfer to the bowl with the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, water, and bouillon cube; simmer for 8 minutes, or until the broccoli is very tender. In the last minute, stir in the basil and parsley.
- Add the broccoli mixture to the pasta mixture, and stir to combine.
We like this topped with the Parmesan shreds from Follow Your Heart!