These not-too-sweet muffins make a great breakfast with a pat of vegan butter, or can be served alongside a bowl of soup for dinner.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and 2 teaspoons baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and the applesauce. Add the agave, soy milk, and canola oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
We particularly like these next to a bowl of lentil soup!
Note: The muffins turned out quite browned on the outside, following these baking instructions. You may want to reduce the cook time by a few minutes, or reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F for a lighter cornbread.
2 thoughts on “Corn Muffins”
I love corn muffins!
Ditto! Hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂