This hearty pot pie is bursting with veggie goodness!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, carrot, onion, and mushrooms; cook for 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the broth, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning. Whisk in the cornstarch.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and arrange in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the tofu and pour the broth mixture on top.
- Cover with the pie crust, pressing against the sides of the dish to seal (Note: Wholly Wholesome makes a vegan pie crust that comes in a circular tray. Simply thaw at room temperature for about twenty minutes and you should be able to easily reshape it into an oval baking dish, if you don’t have a circular one). Prick the top of the crust with a knife or a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, until lightly browned on top.