This hearty dish comes together quickly, thanks to canned ingredients. If you can’t find farro, use barley instead.
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1 (15-ounce) drained and rinsed can chickpeas
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Combine the farro and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the farro is tender. Drain any excess water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the green bean mixture to the farro, along with the chickpeas and tomatoes, stirring to combine.