Serve this dish with sesame tofu and brown rice for a well-rounded meal.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, carrot, and broccoli; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and cabbage; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook until the vegetables reach desired tenderness for your child.
The kids love this directly over brown rice!