This recipe will introduce kids to new flavor combos in a familiar way. It’s a great way to mix up a regular chick’n and pasta night!
- 1 (9-ounce) package Gardein chick’n strips
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (9-ounce) package udon noodles
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons carrot puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- To prepare the chick’n, combine the chick’n strips, teriyaki sauce, and juice from the pineapple can in an 8×8-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the udon noodles according to package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- While the noodles cook, combine the sunflower seed butter, coconut milk, broth, carrot puree, ginger, garlic, and lime juice in a blender; process until smooth.
- Add the sunflower sauce to the noodles, tossing to coat.
- To serve, chop the chick’n according to your child’s preference, and serve alongside the noodles and some of the crushed pineapple.