Combine two kid favorites (pizza and pasta!) in this quick meal. I had originally intended to use wagon wheel pasta, but opted for sea-themed shapes instead, like boats and sea horses. Any fun-shaped pasta adds to the dish’s whimsy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces fun-shaped pasta
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded non-dairy mozzarella
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Add the sauce and mozzarella, stirring to combine.