Whoa – one bite of these “fries” and you may never eat a potato french fry ever again. My son loved avocado as a toddler, then sadly dismissed it in nursery school. Now he gobbles it up again thanks to this recipe!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Peel the avocados, and remove the pits. Spoon the flesh from the skin, and cut into wedges.
- Place the flour in one bowl, the Ener-G eggs in a second, and the tortilla crumbs in a third. (Note: To crush the tortilla chips, use a rolling pin over them in a sealed zip-top bag).
- Dip the avocado wedges in each bowl, starting with the flour, then the eggs, then the crumbs. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- For a quick dipping sauce, whisk together the yogurt and agave.