This cheesy soup is sure to have even picky vegetable eaters spooning up their broccoli!
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 and 1/2 cups shredded Daiya cheddar
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Stir in 2 cups milk and the bouillon, and cook until thick.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 cups milk and the cheddar, and continue to cook until the cheese is melty. Stir in the broccoli and let cool slightly before serving.
For variation, try adding an equal amount of mashed potato…
…or corn kernels in place of the broccoli (or in addition to it!).