Croutons are the secret for the “crust” in these individual-sized pot pies. As a result, they make fantastic toddler finger food!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter, melted
- 4 cups croutons
- 1 and 1/2 cups Gardein chick’n strips, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, whisk together the broth and melted butter. Heat over medium heat until warm. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the croutons, chick’n, mixed vegetables, wheat germ, and ranch dressing in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and water. Pour over the crouton mixture, along with the broth mixture.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups and top each serving with 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Note: These may fall apart slightly for serving, but you’ll still have a tot-sized portion ready to go, even if they aren’t perfect “muffins”.