This gourmet sandwich is the perfect marriage of two kid classics: PB&J and grilled cheese. It’s sure to bring a smile to kids’ faces at lunchtime! Use your favorite jam for this recipe. Cherry would taste nice, as does mixed berry.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 teaspoons Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya cheddar
- 4 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons berry jam
- Spread one side of each bread slice with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- Place two of the bread slices, butter side down, in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the remaining two slices of bread with the peanut butter and jam, on the opposite side from the butter. Place over the cheesy bread in the skillet; flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.