There’s a sweet swirl of peanut butter and jelly hiding just below the crumb topping of these muffins. If you prefer your PB&J savory, check out the cheddar meltswe made earlier this week!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + dash, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- To prepare the batter, combine 1 and 1/2 cups flour, the oats, baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, almond milk, Ener-G eggs, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups about half way with batter. Drop 1 teaspoon peanut butter and 1 teaspoon jam over each, swirling slightly with a toothpick if desired.
- To prepare the crumb topping, combine the remaining 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of salt in a small bowl. Add the butter, and use your fingers to mix until combined. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes. Cool in the pans and store in an airtight container.