This creamed spinach recipe manages to have all the creaminess kids love without relying on lots of butter or heavy cream. We particularly like it spooned atop a baked potato!
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 dinner roll
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons plain almond milk
- Chop the spinach, then add to a dry skillet over medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Transfer the spinach to blender or food processor, along with the dinner roll. Process until finely chopped.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the flour, followed by the milk and the spinach mixture. Cook an additional few minutes until heated through.