This cake is true to its name, with a full cup (pound) of vegan butter, but it’s well worth the indulgence. Consider this your family’s social distancing reward of the week!
- 1 and 1/3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Ener-G eggs
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- To prepare the batter, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add the Ener-G eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the flour and condensed milk, beating just until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water. Spoon 1 cup batter into a clean bowl and add the cocoa mixture, whisking until combined.
- Alternate adding the vanilla and chocolate batters to a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan, beginning and ending with the vanilla. Use the tip of a knife to swirl through a few times for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes; a wooden pick inserted in the center should come out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.