This lunch pasta is great served at room temperature. Prep the chickpea “tuna” salad the night before and it comes together in moments, if you’re packing up lunchboxes!
For the chickpea “tuna” salad:
- 1 (15-ounce) drained can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the pasta:
- 8 oz orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet white corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To prepare the chickpea salad, combine the chickpeas, mayo, celery, red onion, and garlic powder in a bowl; mash with a potato masher until it resembles tuna salad.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the chickpea mixture, along with the corn and olive oil. Stir to combine.
If you prefer, make a double batch of the chickpea “tuna” and use for sandwiches later in the week!