This recipe is officially my new go-to stew for cold winter nights. I can set it cooking around lunchtime, and by dinner it’s perfect – plus it makes the entire house smell amazingly cozy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Gardein beefless tips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups roughly chopped carrots
- 3 roughly chopped celery sticks
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the beefless tips and cook for about 8 minutes, until browned.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a slow cooker over high heat. Add the beefless tips, along with all the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6 to 7 hours.
We love this served with a warm baguette!