This smoky side dish is the perfect compliment to your barbecue tofu pups and veggie burgers this summer. It’s the second of three BBQ side dishes presented in Travis’s latest Raddish Kids crate. He doesn’t always love beans, but this time he gobbled them up!
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Peel and dice the onion; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Travis was so proud to stir at the stovetop!
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cans of beans.
- Add the beans to the pot, along with the bbq sauce, brown sugar and mustard.
- Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
Pair with your favorite veggie burger and a watermelon salad!