Here’s an easy weeknight meal of protein, veggies and rice. You can use frozen veggies to speed up preparation even further. Feel free to add more veggies to the mix, too, like corn, onions, or water chestnuts!
- 1 package Gardein chick’n strips
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups bell pepper strips
- Cooked brown rice
- Cook the chick’n strips in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the garlic, agave, soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the garlic mixture to the skillet and continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the vegetables to the sauce and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the chick’n and veggies over cooked brown rice.