Kids will love the fun pinwheel shape of this sandwich. And grown-ups will love the nutrition packed inside it!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces carrot puree
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tablespoons mashed avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, carrot puree, and cumin. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency; set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Spread each tortilla with about 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1 tablespoon avocado. Roll up, then cut into slices to serve.