Enchiladas are a great family meal, but versions made with store-bought enchilada sauce can be too spicy for kids. Swap in mushroom gravy for the enchilada sauce and you’ll hear cries of “yum” instead of cries of pain.
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) box mushroom gravy
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (such as Kite Hill)
- 2 cups cooked and chopped Gardein chick’n strips
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheddar, divided
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
- To prepare the sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the green onion and garlic; cook for about 4 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the gravy and sour cream, whisking to combine. Cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Remove 3/4 cup gravy mixture from the pan and set aside. Add the cooked chick’n, tomatoes, black beans, and 1 cup cheddar to the remaining gravy mixture.
- Divide the chick’n mixture evenly among the 6 tortillas. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Pour the reserved gravy mixture over the top and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheddar. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted.