This hearty entree features a few nice shortcuts like canned peas and corn, plus gets a nutrition boost from flaxseed!
- 3 large yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package meatless crumbles
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup canned green peas
- 3/4 cup canned corn
- To prepare the potatoes, place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then continue to cook for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the soy milk and butter; mash with a potato masher until smooth and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots; saute for about 6 minutes.
- Add the meatless crumbles into the pan, breaking apart into small pieces. Add the flaxseed and cook for 5 minutes, until the crumbles begin to brown.
- Stir in the broth, peas, and corn; cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread the mashed potatoes in an even layer on top and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.